The Iraan Braves improved to 6-0 on the season with and come-from-behind 27-26 win over the Winters Blizzards in Iraan's homecoming game Friday.
The loss was the first of the season for Winters (5-1).
Iraan jumped out to a 7-0 lead when Jermaine Bernal recovered a fumble and returned it for a touchdown. Dylan Kent hit the PAT kick -- something the Braves have struggled with this season.
Winters scored and converted the two-point conversion to take an 8-7 lead in the first quarter.
In the second, Mario De Luna had a scoring run, but the PAT failed, leaving Iraan up 13-8 early in the second quarter.
But Winters again came back, scoring once in the second quarter and again in the third to build a 20-13 lead.
Iraan took the lead for good with two fourth quarter touchdowns, one each from Joe Kennedy and Dylan Kent to go up 27-20 with 2:57 left in the game.
Winters scored a late touchdown to pull with 27-26, but Iraan stopped the 2-point conversion to preserve the win.
Iraan travels to Alpine next week for its final non-district game.
* IHS: Jermaine Bernal fumble recovery and touchdown. Dylan Kent PAT. 7-0 11:26
* WHS: Touchdown and 2-pt. conversion. 8-7 6:47
* IHS: Mario De Luna touchdown run. PAT failed. 13-8 11:40
* WHS: touchdown. PAT failed. 14-13 9:04
* WHS: TD, PAT no good. 20-13 10:53
* IHS: Joe Kennedy touchdown. 2--point conversion good. 21-20 4:57
* IHS: Dylan kent touchdown. 2-point conversion failed. 27-20 2:57
* WHS: Touchdown. 2-point conversion failed. 27-26