City of Fort Stockton's Celebration
Fort Stockton will have a large-scale public fireworks show on July 4.
The festivities will be at Rooney Memorial Park and start on with a live concert Wednesday, July 3 night and wrap up with fireworks on Thursday.
There will also be an abundance of activities throughout the day including a dunking booth that will benefit the Fort Stockton Crime Stoppers program.
Here is the list of events:
Fourth of July at Rooney Memorial Park
Wednesday, July 3rd
• 9 p.m.-midnight: Funky Monkey & Whiskey Mike
Thursday, July 4th
• 8:30 a.m.: Paisano Powder Run
• 10 a.m.-11 p.m.: Vendor Booths Open
• 10 a.m.: Opening Ceremony, DJ-Joe Reyes
• 10:30 a.m.: Miss Sparkler pageant newborn -2 years
• 11:00 a.m.: Miss Firecracker pageant 3-4 years
• 11:30 a.m.: Three legged Race-Kid and Parent contest
• 11:45 a.m.: Hot Dog Eating Contest (sponsored by Sawyer & Associates)
• Noon: Bingo-Large Community Hall
• Noon: The Pioneer's “Red, Woof and Blue” Patriotic Dog Contest (Sponsored by The Fort Stockton Pioneer)
• 12:30 p.m.: Miss Stars ‘N Stripes pageant 5-6 years
• 1 p.m.”Watermelon eating contest
• 2 p.m.: Water balloon contest
• 2:30 p.m.: Miss Liberty pageant 7-8 years
• 3 p.m.: Sack Race-Kids contest
• 3:45 p.m.: Ice Cream Eating contest
• 4:30 p.m.: Miss Independence pageant 9-10 years
• 5 p.m.: Dizzy Bat Race
• 6:30 p.m.: Miss 4th of July pageant 11-14 years
• 8 p.m.: Pageant winners announced
• Dark: Fireworks sponsored by CVB and the City of Fort Stockton
• 10:30 p.m.: Close
Iraan will hold its annual Stars and Stripes Fest on July 4 starting a noon in the Iraan City Park.
There will be activities for kids, food vendors, and the Red Button Raffle – which determines who will get to push the button the start that night's firework show. Red Button tickets can be purchased from the Chamber office or Rock River Revival for $1 each.
The fireworks show is free.
There is also the Iraan River Park Festival on July 4. The event includes a best-decorated kayak, paddle board, canoe or float. The event starts at 10 a.m., with judging at noon. The event launches from the park adjacent to the Pecos River.