CALL MEETING TO ORDER AFTER DECLARING A QUORUM PRESENT.
ALLEGIANCE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FLAG ALLEGIANCE TO THE TEXAS FLAG
MISSION STATEMENT: “The Mission of the City of Fort Stockton Municipal Government is to Promote & Value Public Confidence and Trust by the Accountable and Responsible Use of Community Resources; to Ensure Public Safety; Improve Public Services; Promote Local Recreation and Entertainment; and Generate Economic Development.
COMMENTS FROM THE AUDIENCE ON CONSENT & REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS:
2nd PUBLIC HEARING: Regarding the Voluntary Annexation of a 5.872 Acre Tract of Land situated in the CHOPRA ADDITION, A Re-Plat of Block 18, STOCKTON HEIGHTS ADDITION, Section 24, Block 146, T&STL RR CO. SURVEY, Pecos County, Texas, Being All of that Certain 5.80 Acre Tract (Lot 3) as described in a Deed Records, Pecos County, Texas, and which shall be zoned as a “Commercial District” for the Construction of a “Motel 6/Studio 6" & a 1.501 Acre Tract of Land situated in Block 17, STOCKTON HEIGHTS ADDITION, Section 24, Block 146, T&STL RR CO. SURVEY, Pecos County, Texas, Being All of Block 17, as described in Deed Records, Pecos County, Texas; As Petitioned by Property Owners Puja Raj Chopra And Vishal Raj Chopra. (Mayor)
1. All matters listed are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately.” Minutes: (Mayor)
▪ Regular Meeting Minutes of Fort Stockton City Council, 05/28/2019 ▪Regular Meeting Minutes of Keep Historic F.S. Beautiful Board, 05/01/2019
Citizens who desire to address City Council with regard to matters on the Consent Agenda or Regular Agenda will be received when the item is to be considered. Discussion by City Council Members will only take place when an agenda item is scheduled for consideration. Prior to making comments, each speaker will be required to provide his/her name and residential address. Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. Speakers making personal, impertinent, profane or slanderous remarks will be removed from the
Council Chamber and will be barred from re-entering the room during the meeting.
▪Special Meeting Minutes of Keep Historic F.S. Beautiful Board, 05/08/2019
▪ Regular Meeting Minutes of Substandard Building Committee, 05/02/2019
▪ Regular Meeting Minutes of Planning & Zoning Commission (Carports), 06/05/2019
Accounts Payable Total: $271,231.21
2. Senior Civil Engineer Steve Synovitz with Hanson Professional Services Inc. --- Update on the 30-Inch Water Transmission Line Project.
3. Discuss/Act upon the Antiquities Permit Application Form for Salt Creek Midstream, LLC’s, Pipeline Construction at the City’s Blue Ridge Farms. (City Water Attny.)
4. Discuss/Act upon the Re-Solicitation of Request for Proposals (RFP) to Lease Approximately 274 Acres of Land Owned by the City of Fort Stockton located on Block 3, Section 71, T&P RR Co., which contains the City of Fort Stockton Wastewater Plant serving the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and Three (3) Registered Water Wells with 960 Acre Feet of H&E Irrigation Permits. (City will Reserve the Right to Use the Water Wells for Municipal and Public Use Supply for Water Rate Payers in Pecos County) (City Water Attny.)
5. Discuss/Act upon the Solicitation of Request for Proposals (RFP) to Complete Pumping Test and Potentially Hydrology Studies Necessary to Fulfill Existing Middle Pecos Groundwater Conservation District Permitting Rules. (City Water Attny.)
6. Discuss/Act upon Authorizing the City Water Attorney and City Manager to Address Operational Decisions to Protest Hearings Impacting the City of Fort Stockton’s Well Fields & Request Additional Time to Brief City Council Prior to a Hearing on the Merits being held by the Middle Pecos Groundwater Conservation District. (City Water Attny.)
7. Discuss/Act upon the Electrical Infrastructure at Stockton Farms and Process Needed to Resolve Right-of- way & Easements of Existing Electrical Infrastructure. (City Water Attny.)
8. Discuss/Act upon the Fiber ISP Service Agreement with Big Bend Telecom’s Broadband Service for 1706 N. Front Street, Fort Stockton, Texas. (City Mgr.)
9. Discuss/Act upon the Construction of Five (5) Carports in Residential Dwelling Districts in Accordance with Ordinance No. 18-126, as Requested by Property Owners: (Mayor)
▪Vanessa Leyva & Luis Gonzalez, 901 S. Main Street, Fort Stockton, Texas 79735 ▪Anabel Garcia, 2005 N. Young Street, Fort Stockton, Texas 79735
▪Rachel & Frank Rodriguez, 15005 N. Gillis, Fort Stockton, Texas 79735 ▪Kevin & Amanda Shumate, 116 S. Sage, Fort Stockton, Texas 79735
▪Robert & JoAnn Hernandez, 1706 W. 9th Street, Fort Stockton, Texas 79735 10. Questions from the Media on Agenda Items. (Mayor)
11. Adjourn. (Mayor)