FRIDAY, AUG. 31
• Fort Stockton High School volleyball vs. Kermit, 4 p.m.
• FSHS Varsity Football vs. Kermit, 7:30 p.m.
• Iraan HS Varsity Football vs. Crane, 7:30 p.m.
• Buena Vista HS vs. West Texas Home School, 7 p.m.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 1
• The Wizarding World of Fort Stockton will be from noon to 8 p.m. at the Garage Coffee, Music & More, 1110 N. Main St. The Harry Potter-inspired day will include a variety of activities, contests and games. Win points for your house! Earn points for your House (Mountain Lion, Roadrunner, Groundhog or Rattlesnake) by getting sorted, playing games, winning games and more. All games and activities are free.
• Big Bend Gun and Knife Show sponsored by the Alpine Lions Club 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Gallego Center on the Sul Ross University campus. $5 admission; children under 12 free with paid adult; military free with ID.
• Fort Stockton Farmer's Market is held every Saturday in the Ace Hardware parking lot at 2100 W. Dickinson Blvd from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. If interested in having a booth you must bring your own tables and chairs. A canopy is suggested but not required. Vendor fee is $5 for each time you participate, and a form must be filled out describing what you're selling. If you’re selling food that needs refrigeration, you need a food license. For more information or to see the cottage food laws, visit facebook.com/fortstocktonfarmer.
Wednesday, Sept. 5
The First Presbyterian Church is hosting its annual Back To School Picnic Wednesday, Sept. 5 at Precinct 4 Park, 4427 N. Highway1053. The entire community is invited. A very special invitation is extended to our new teachers, our coaches and athletes, and to those who have no church home. The event will begin at 6:30 p.m. There is no program. Those attending will simply be enjoying burgers, the trimmings, and home-made ice cream as all present get to know each other better.
Saturday, Sept. 8:
• 4th Annual Birthday Bash at the Garage Coffee, Music & More, benefitting Combat Veterans. Live music, kids’ activities, coloring contest, food vendors, contests. Noon to midnight. Free admission.
Saturday, Sept. 15:
• Act II Raising Funds for the Community Theatre hosted by Mesa Vineyards at the Grey Mule Tasting Room, 101 W. Callaghan St., starting a 9 a.m. Fun Run of Wine Walk, beverages and bites, cork pull, food, live music, washer pitching tournament and a live auction. All proceeds benefit the FSCT Theatre Enovation and Building Fund.
• 10th annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s starts at 10 a.m. at Rooney Park in Fort Stockton from the Club Room behind the Large Community Hall. Hamburger lunch to follow.
Thursday, Sept. 27
• Carson & Barnes Circus presents Circus Saurus at James Rooney Memorial Park. Shows at 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $6 for children. Tickets are available at the Fort Stockton Chamber of Commerce.